This page is for you to get a feel for who you’ll be working with during your ring creation process. The rest of the site is about how I can help you get EXACTLY what you want from your engagement ring experience, but since this is not a 10 minute purchase from a display case, I want you to feel confident choosing the designer you’ll be working with.
How I Work:
I’ve learned from asking clients that the #1 thing they want in choosing an engagement ring is guidance by someone they can trust. I make sure clients have a stress-free, FUN experience. Also, fast & easy communication is really important to me and you’ll know from reading reviews from our past clients that we follow up to your emails quite quickly.
What I Do For Clients:
- With friendly & knowledgeable guidance, I first find out what it is you truly want in your custom ring. You’re never pushed in any direction because everyone has different tastes and specific design requests, but I’m happy to make suggestions based on her lifestyle since that can affect the “wear & tear” of the ring over the years.
- I tell you the honest truth when it comes to balancing your ideal diamond size & budget. We never want anyone to invest more than they’re comfortable with, but sometimes what people want is not in line with their budget, so we have an open conversation about that so we can provide an *amazing* diamond within your ideal investment.
- I’m by your side every step of the way to answer any questions you may have throughout the process and you’ll see from our reviews that Friendly & Positive service is an *important* component of Vanessa Nicole Jewels.
- LOVES her job!
- Is madly in love with her husband (best friend!)
- Backpacked alone for two months across Europe
- Released a CD of original music in 2010: www.vanessamitchellmusic.com
- Is from San Diego, but is a closeted Midwesterner
- Want their engagement rings to be custom because it’s the one material item that truly symbolizes their love for each other
- Love the idea of their rings being made JUST for them, not pre-made in a factory overseas
Vanessa graduated summa cum laude with a BFA in Jewelry Design from the University of Michigan. Following a two year diamond setting apprenticeship with a Russian master jeweler, she began making custom engagement rings for high end jewelry stores. Thanks to Facebook and her large Youtube following, Vanessa quickly began creating her own client list. With a background in the film industry, she found a way to infuse the love and emotion captured between a couple on the big screen into her own unique vision through the personalized Making Of The Ring™ films.
Vanessa’s studio truly embraces a boutique sensibility. A small client roster of only 5-8 clients accepted per month allows her to offer unbelievable personalized service unmatched by typical jewelry stores. Vanessa lives in San Diego, California, with husband Joe (her teenage sweetheart.)
- Best Of San Diego, Top 5 Jewelry Stores in San Diego
- Rising Star Award Nominee, National Association of Women Business Owners
- Grant, Society of North American Goldsmiths (SNAG)
- Grant to study in Sydney, Australia
- Grant to study in Florence, Italy
- Bank of America Fine Arts Recognition Award
Interested In Working With VNJ?
ContactVanessa today to set up an appointment!
You’ll see the studio, the tools, and you’ll learn about how Vanessa will make your engagement ring AMAZING.